MGC 0.00% 43.0¢ mg unit trust

OK, got it. So you agree it needs to exit its current structure...

1. 12,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    OK, got it. So you agree it needs to exit its current structure somehow and we certainly agree on that, as it locks up too much investment from ex-farmers with the quirky requirement to retain shares and the current structure limits what options are open to them.

Being perochial I would prefer to see it remain in the hands of Australian investment than be sold to an offshore entity, so my head leans towards BGA or possible a new unknown. If I extend the perochialism to New Zealand then Fonterra comes to mind and that would certainly put to rest the opaque Bonlac agreement.

I have heard that the current Board and CEO are looking carefully lat all options and are not in a hurry to jump any particular way until they have fully exhausted all options and associated potential outcomes as well as getting a better idea as to the outcome of the ACCC Investigation and pending Class Actions.

So one could assume it will be business-as-usual for quite some time yet whilst they work through this lot and the unit price wont go anywhere over $1 until this is all said and done and they wont sell off the acquiesced plants in northern Vic and Tasmania in a hurry either.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.