CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

I own both and think the outlook is great in 2011 for both unv...

1. 56 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I own both and think the outlook is great in 2011 for both unv and ccc. I think given the SA exposure a strong performance of one helps the other. Also if there is a future SA consolidation play both companies could play a part. A positive for both will be a lowering of the SA discount which the BRIC news will start to assist.

CCC is more advanced on thermal coal having already started production and having a broader project portfolio whereas UNV combines near term thermal with large potential coking coal assets. See a lot merit in a combination at some point in the future.

Feel that UNV has very experienced SA management and although have been some questions around CCC the hiring of DT has added a lot of creditability to CCC management. DT has had to deal with some legacy issues but have been very impressed by his approach.

The smart play is too have some of both CCC and UNV as both look like having a big 2011. UNV has a cleaner capital structure with no CN or coal loans but CCC should be able to address this with near term cash flows.

Am excited about 2011 for both companies. Happy new year to all!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.