YAM yamarna goldfields limited

worth a read.

1. 5,609 Posts.

I DID NOT BUY OR TRADE THIS STOCK, [just so people don't think i was on the inside]

YAM : The Frost Factor
    If you have a proper look at the deal it will tell you what’s going on.

a) YAM has forked out $20,000 for an option to check the thing out.
    b) The market, including you guys, goes crazy and pumps the share price from 0.8 to 1.6 on volume. This increases YAM’s market cap by $6.48m – not bad for a $20,000 option;
    c) YAM employ’s Geoff Blackburn (2004 Explorer of the year and highly regarded) to get there and check it out. Blackburn reckons if its there it could be bigger than Olympic Dam! This is a conceptual model, no-one knows what systematic modern exploration will produce – still it’s a great punt.
    d) As part of the due diligence they find an old report written 26 years ago by some consultant to the IAE. Because they have stuck their necks out on the conceptual model they have to provide a balanced view by releasing this. As you appreciate a lot has changed in the world of geology over the past 26 years so is this report relevant?
    e) The punters who are all hoping for a big promote crap their pants and sell the stock down to 1.1.
    f) Everyone blames Frosty because he bought 9m shares at 1.1 and sold 1m at 1.6. If you put it into perspective he held about 116m so a 2m change is less than 2% of his holding.

To be truthful, frost cant be all bad. Some guys will never take resposibilty for their own greed and find it easier to blame others. I learnt this the hard way.No one is saying frost goes to church, but i reckon half you guys would be hit by lightning just going near one. If YAM hit 3-4c, there would be people saying he was a God. If you look at the track record of these Peregrine guys and you are lucky enough to get on the list for one of their deals there is lots of money to be made:
    Eg. PBT 50 cents (and 1 for 2 option) went to $3.50 package
    PRR 20 cents (plus 1 for 1 option) went to $1.30 package
    SLT 20 cents (plus 1 for 2 option) went to $1.20 package
    PBI 20 cents (plus 1 for 3 option) went to 80 cents package
    IMI 1 cent - went to 3.6 cents
    YAM 0.8 cents - went to 1.7 cents
    Plus all the placements, issues, etc. along the way.

Haven’t made money on them all because you often pick the wrong time to sell or start drinking your own bath water but what I like is to have the opportunity to be involved in this stuff.

If you guys want some free advice, which is generally worth what you pay for it, stop bashing on about Frost and start using your brains.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.