CAB 2.67% $2.19 cabcharge australia limited

Worth a read

1. 187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I have just re read the CEO's address from last years AGM.
    I did this after examining the companies financials.
    Both very interesting.
    One very important thing out of the address was the fact that Management back in 2014 put together a plan to help over come Uber and others which seems to be working. Also selling off non core assets which resulted in a special 80c dividend to shareholders. After purchasing Yellow Cabs I see that the Total Assets are still over $100m. Also the company has continued to pay a 20c fully franked dividend for the last 3 years, whether or not part of the sale of the non core assets was used I am not sure but shareholders received it anyway.

From the financials I see that the company now has a Long Term Debt of ZERO. Their are not many companies that can report that.

On the negative the company is spending $8m ($6m after tax) on Technology, but is this really a negative as we need to keep up or drop out. One thing it will do is have a small impact on the 2018 overall figures, but overall it will be well worth it.

To me Uber and others are like Amway & Tupperware or any of the other home party business's. Not many people stay in it for the long term, they all have a go to earn some small extra money and give up because it is not very profitable.

On the share price, this is being manipulated by BOTS. They only make money when people panic and sell. The good news is there are very few real shareholders participating, which to me suggests we all have faith in the Company and the Management. Take the time to check for yourself and you will see the good work done by Management over the last 3 years and I have no doubt it will continue into the future.

Cabcharge will stand the test of time. Another question is how will Uber and others handle the changes that are coming. I know we will still be here in another 20 years time.

At the current price CAB is a BUY

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.