Worth a try

1. 526 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    A police officer pulls a lawyer over for speeding.

Lawyer: “Is there a problem, officer?”

Officer: “Yes, you were speeding.

” Lawyer: “Ah, okay.”

Officer: “Can I see your driver’s license?”

Lawyer: “Well, I’d give it to you if I had one, but I don’t.”

Officer: “You don’t have a driver’s license?”

Lawyer: “Nope. Had it taken away from me 10 years ago when I got caught speeding in front of a school. Oh yeah, I was drunk at the time, too.”

Officer: “All right then. Can I at least see the registration?”

Lawyer: “Can’t help you there either.”

Officer: “And why not?”

Lawyer: “I stole this car and had to kill the owner to do it. There might be a registration in here somewhere, but it won’t have my name on it.”

Officer: “Are you telling me you murdered someone?”

Lawyer: “I had to! He would have reported me to the police and I would’ve ended up in jail!” At this point the officer is totally overwhelmed. He thought he was just pulling someone over for speeding and now he’s dealing with a murderer. He decides that he needs some backup and puts out the call on the radio. A few minutes later, a sergeant shows up and the officer explains the situation to him. Then the sergeant approaches the lawyer…

Sergeant: “Please get out of your vehicle.”

Lawyer: “What’s the problem?”

Sergeant: “My colleague tells me that you stole this car and murdered the owner.”

Lawyer: “I did what?!” Sergeant: “Is this your car?” Lawyer: “Yes, of course. Here’s the registration.” Sergeant: “But you don’t have a license?”

Lawyer: “Of course I do. I wouldn’t be operating a motor vehicle if I didn’t.” The lawyer pulls out his wallet, takes out his license and hands it to the sergeant. The sergeant is completely confused…

Sergeant: “I don’t get it. You told my colleague that you didn’t have a license, that you stole this car and murdered the owner.”

Lawyer: “What? He really said that? I bet that liar also told you that I was speeding, too!”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.