PDN 0.48% $12.48 paladin energy ltd

"Cleaner energy solar dont work wind farms are not the end...

1. 192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    "Cleaner energy solar dont work wind farms are not the end solution uranium is."
    As much as I love my beloved PDN and uranium stocks, this just isn't true from a technology/emissions perspective.
    In Australia, our current carbon emissions could be easily solved through the use of solar, wind, hydro, electric vehicles (EV) and most importantly use of batteries for storage. To go on a investing tangent, I'd suggest targeting Nickel to gain exposure to this momentus growth over the next decade, via some great ASX listed companies like BHP, CLQ or QPM. DYOR ofc.
    We could even become this green superpower that individuals like Mike Cannon Brookes speak about, by exporting a shit tonne of electricity. Ross Garnaut says "renewables could provide three times more electricity than is now generated". Additionally, given the current negative sentiment towards uranium in Australia, it would take too long for the plants to come online and to be of use.

The real value of uranium comes into play at a global scale, and it's an extremely important piece of the puzzle for many other countries. This includes markets that are already extremely nuclear focused like France. And countries like India, China and America that must rely on nuclear to address their staggering carbon emissions. I'll leave some articles and links below that I've found very illuminating. Saul Griffith has some really spot on commentary on the issue (we're both UNSW alumni, so I might be biased af).

https://www.otherlab.com/blog-posts/the-path-to-decarbonize-australia (This Sankey diagram for Straya is very cool)
    https://www.copyright link/policy/energy-and-climate/the-path-to-zero-emissions-is-expensive-but-not-impossible-20200116-p53s7d

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.48
Change
0.060(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $3.724B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.45 $12.76 $12.26 $26.57M 2.124M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6286 $12.47

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.48 5038 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.