IMM 11.9% 29.5¢ immutep limited

Very moving and enlightening show and worth a relook on iview.I...

1. 1,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Very moving and enlightening show and worth a relook on iview.
    I found it confronting as I saw the "coalface" as Boiler puts it.

All the patients on the show were determined to live, from the young copper to the 84 year old gentleman. Even if the treatment extends the life on an average of 3 months and it only works on 1 in 10 (yervoy). It seemed they wanted this extension of life with the hope that there would be another treatment available if/when the present one stopped working.

The message I got was that government funding was on a cost /benefit level and with the increasing number of very expensive treatments for managing cancer, in time they may not be willing to fund if the average extension of life was only months as there may be other priorities for the money. Yet from the lady professor, I got that even if the extension of life averages only 3 months then it is still worth government funding as some patients go on to live longer than the average and it is those patients that could give the clue as to why they are living longer and hence address that issue in those that don't.

Also it seemed there was likely to be funding for those cancers with unmet treatment needs. eg. The lady with pancreatic cancer who was trying to get 5K for a treatment that may give her 1-2 months. These cancers with unmet needs like ovarian and pancreatic are addressed by CVAC.

It was a positive in my view for CVac (if it the results are comparable to treatments already approved).

I struggled with tears as I saw how devastated the young man was with his mother's untreatable prognosis and so moved seeing how grateful for her life and the availability of affordable treatment the lady who was the 1 in 10 that Yervoy worked on.

Really put the HC argy bargy in perspective. I'm certainly reviewing my posting style. No more baiting RoHo. Sorry mate.
    I know Lexcorp thought the show was a bit negative for CVac, but I found it just the opposite. Mainly due to (if trial results are good) there is unmet need for at least 2 cancers and even if average extension of life is relatively short (3-4 months), the folk that it works longer for may just be able to give the clues as to why it works better for some.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
-0.040(11.9%)
Mkt cap ! $428.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
32.0¢ 33.0¢ 28.0¢ $7.278M 23.75M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 53192 29.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 41048 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.