SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

You are right Mark084, all of those oil & gas companies are at...

1. 5,194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3838
    You are right Mark084, all of those oil & gas companies are at least announcing some interest in alternative renewable technologies, even if they don't plan to get immediately involved, or in any current way, they are at least letting investors know that they are thinking about these things. Even companies like FMG are announcing plans to build and operate a green hydrogen plant in Tasmania, as is Origin, and the recent announcements by a QLD company who signed a MOU to supply hydrogen to Japan.

So, gas is the main game, we all agree, it's what Senex built to, and it's their bread and butter, however, it has not hurt any ASX oil & gas companies also hinting at an interest going forward, in some form of alternative and renewable technologies, including hydrogen fuel, which can be produced from gas, and especially from excess gas.

I don't know if these guys at SXY are interest in this, and I'm not concerned if they aren't, because gas is the game, and probably will be for at least the next 15 years in Australia, and perhaps longer, so there is no problem. SXY did well in 2020, going from around 15c to over 30c, and they should push on to over 40c in 2021 hopefully, but it doesn't hurt to at least let shareholders know that they are closely watching the changing global energy landscape and are flexible enough to adapt to any changes, should it occur in either the short or longer term.

Personally, I still think SXY will rise above 45 cents at some stage in CY2021, so let's wait and see.

Crude pushing up towards USD $52 tonight, and it continues to rise, I'm expecting up to USD $65 this year.

Gw
    Last edited by Gwaihir: 12/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.