WTF 0.00% $3.05 wotif.com holdings limited

wotif.com donates 1.6 mill to greens

1. 4,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    I will no longer use wotif to book hotels after finding out they donated to the communist greens. If the greens have there way I'll be broke and will no longer be able to holiday. Wotif a rich man helped the Greens?
    Paddy Manning January 08, 2011
    GRAEME Wood did not think he would be the only well-off person helping fund a national advertising campaign for the Greens at the 2010 federal election. The Wotif.com director and founder, worth an estimated $372 million according to BRW's Rich List, knew there was frustration in business circles at the failure of both major parties to tackle climate change, and he knew a few wealthy people sympathetic to the Greens' cause.
    He was disappointed to find none of them felt they could publicly donate to a political party. ''The main reason given, on every occasion, was: 'I'd love to do it but I can't be seen to be out there doing that sort of thing,' '' Wood says.
    With time running out, he realised he would have to carry the whole amount himself. He gave $1.6 million, almost certainly the largest single political donation by an individual in Australian history.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.