Would really like a mentor, page-27

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hello @sielcorp,
    I find it a bit sad that you have had only a few helpful posts to what is obviously a serious question of yours.
    I doubt that you will find the mentor you have in mind on an Internet thread like this.
    Here's some thoughts:
    # books are a good start. Here are some which were suggested recently when this topic came up a short while ago -
    Compilation of media suggestions from the weekend thread:
    Books:
    The richest man in Babylon. (This book is so simple, yet so much enlightening) [Free Ebook / Free Audiobook] (courtesy @Chai_wala )
    Traders State of Mind by Rande Howell (courtesy @kmac )
    Trading Secrets by Louise Bedford (courtesy @Ibza )
    Charting Secrets by Louise Bedford (courtesy @Ibza )
    Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas (courtesy @Dr.Seuss )
    Trade your way to financial freedom by Van Tharpe (courtesy @Dr.Seuss )
    100 to 1 in the Stock Market by Thomas William Phelps (courtesy @jacbez , amazon link for you)
    Technical Analysis Plain and Simple by Michael N Kahn (courtesy @jacbez )
    Trade My Way by Alan Hull (courtesy @Cabbie )
    Website/Blog:
    www.mrmoneymustache.com (Guy who started writing about his journey after early retirement. How he did it and what he does now makes an interesting read). (courtesy @Chai_wala )
    http://www.brettsteenbarger.com (courtesy @Dr.Seuss )

# - depending where you live, there might be some stock trading clubs/groups in your area. The advantage of this is that you would meet some real flesh and blood people, some of whom might have some serious experience and who might be impressed by your enthusiasm.

# - you sound as though you are already trading. I'd suggest keeping a diary of your trades/thoughts and refer to it continuously.

# - following an Internet thread like this is also helpful. Maybe make notes of stocks which are mentioned, who made the call, the price at the time of the call etc and see what happens during the course of the day. There are some seriously experienced people here - you are smart enough to work out who to listen to, although this will take some time.

I'm an old fart of 58 and I've been trading for 8 months - a total newbie. In this market, even the experienced people are finding it hard to make some coin. If this really is something you might be interested in, then I reckon you will learn an awful lot about yourself as a human being over the coming years - your youth might be both an asset and a liability Your state of mind will be very important.

I admire your openness and honesty, amigo. There are some very helpful people on this thread. Don't be shy. All the very best for your future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.