Hi Sielcorp. I started researching trading about a year ago (And...

1. 323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Hi Sielcorp. I started researching trading about a year ago (And found it hard to find any real people to hire as a personal mentor, even when I was throwing money at them to help me for a couple of hours each week!) and have been actively DT and ST trading for the past 6 months (Becoming more and more obsessed). As a fellow nooooob, I would strongly recommend you source a book by Justine Pollard, called Smart Trading Plans. It has a lot more substance to it than a lot of articles and beginner guides. Really sets out how to set up your own trading business, one step at a time. It's geared towards trends and safe(r) profits, but ensures you are protecting your capital, and still around after the first 12 months. It's a great foundation. There are also some good books to help boost your awareness and understanding of the trading world (I use them as a little treat after sifting through the nitty gritty content of trading education), such as 'Flash Boys', 'Quants', and 'The Big Short'. Those and to a lesser extent, 'The Alpha Masters' are really interesting, and open your eyes to the broader picture. I'm currently reading 'Full of Bull: Do As Wall Street Does, Not As It Says, To Make Money In The Market' which has a little more practical application compared to those I just mentioned, in that it helps create awareness surrounding the decoding of the cryptic and contradictory views on stocks put out to, and discussed in public. I would strongly recommend this one if you are relying a lot on forum talk and analysts' views.

Email if you like and we can swap feedback from education sources.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.