footy, I agree. I had high hopes for Abbott. Ran across him at a...

1. 3,174 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    footy,

I agree. I had high hopes for Abbott. Ran across him at a few conventions and he came across as more than competent, but when he got the prize, he faltered. I liked Bishop also, and was hugely disappointed when she went with Turnbull. Massive lack of judgement on her part - IMHO. I had her pegged as future PM material - not any more.
    Seems the same has happened to Turnbull, got the prize, and froze. Though IMHO Turnbull always came across as smarmy. Never Prime Ministerial material.

The other day was at a party with my local member who voted Turnbull. Just quietly, I think he is rethinking the wisdom of his vote.
    He is in a marginal seat and quite frankly he is an underachiever. Very worried about holding his seat. I wonder how many other sitting members are worried about the wisdom of their vote?

I think there is a very strong possibility of Turnbull being rolled. A lot of grass root liberals despise him. The talk is that they could not stand him as PM for full term. Certainly if it came to a vote he would fall short. Australia desperately needs a leader.
    Turnbull is not that man.

Australia is in a crisis. Shorten is un-electable. Labor is still beholden to the criminal unions who are just that, bully boy criminals.
    Turnbull is just a show pony with no grit and no ideas.

This could be the year some of the minor parties could grab some votes, but it seems all are lacking a charismatic leader.

I can not believe I am saying this - but we need a Trump of our own!!

I wonder if Abbott came back, would he be more focused?
    Last edited by Bobbin: 06/03/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.