BPT 0.32% $1.56 beach energy limited

would woodside bid for bpt?, page-7

1. 521 Posts.
    Rizzla - very nicely summed up.

"with the negative seniment from qld public, the big players are seeing the writing on the wall. csg in qld will not be developed to the full scale that was originally envisioned" - definite risk of inadequate supply for LNG trains 2 and 3 and 4 IMO.

Interesting that Grant King MD of Origin very naughty talking down the fraccing risks of CSG and comparing it with geothermal fraccing. Talking chalk and cheese here - as pointed out by young Marius at BHP. In the early days of CSG production at Origin/Arrow/QGC - there was no fraccing involved in the csg production.

Those groups most at risk - relying solely on csg are Origin/Conoco and Shell [Origin with 20% is not running the show in CB+Q JV]. This is from where I think the takeover bid is likely to come from - and I wouldnt put it past Santos/Petronas to put the squeeze on. There will be enough price tension without BG participating.

Woodside is a definite non starter IMO - East Coast domestic/LNG gas is not their patch and besides they have more than enough on their hands with Pluto and Browse.

Cheers, GB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.56
Change
-0.005(0.32%)
Mkt cap ! $3.547B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.55 $1.57 $1.54 $6.996M 4.488M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 50705 $1.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.56 136978 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.