LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

wow! $2.08 can't believe it

1. 22 Posts.
    I've been away and haven't posted for some time. Haven't had a chance to read many posts but enjoy some of the regulars from years gone past, regardless of positive or negative.

Would love to give you a positive at a time when things seem destined for bad news

Is Lynas really back at $2.08. Can't be. Yes there is a real risk of a delay in the plant but are a bunch of protestors really going to hold sway. Doubt it. Could hurt us short term if they announce a delay but it doesn't change too much. Just a cheaper opportunity to buy it.

The stock was huge value at $2 with the risks being Sojitz and being able to produce. The quotas and RE price were also factors but are chugging along nicely.The Sojitz deal is done and dusted and better than expected IMO. Our government is all over Japan and Malaysia to esnure everything proceeds. I know that for a FACT. Production is still obviously a big risk, as are the future quotas, but that is a risk the whole RE industry faces and Molycorp and co are well behing Lynas regardless of any Malaysian delays. These risks are priced in if you consider where LYC will be if they produce on time at curetn or even 50% discounted RE prices.

The share price is also getting hammered as big overseas supporters take profits due to our extraordinary exchange rate. This is happeneing with all resource stocks. Maybe I sell all my Lunas and buy homes in the USA. Could own a whole suburb.

Interestingly the shorters haven't really been hitting it, with only 2.7 mill short on 38 mill traded yesterday. i see that as a positive.

As for all the hogwash re Nick Curtis - the man has pulled this thing from the wreck and driven it hard from death to $2.70. The Forge thing is non core. It's irrelevant. He perhasp could have offered all LYC shareholders part of the action in forge but these things happen all the time with listed companies, especially resource stocks. The ONLY thing that matters to this company is Mt weld, the LAMP and a supportive Malaysian government. really the only thing that matyters is the LAMP and prodiuuction. If this occurs then $2.08 will look like $10 for BHP, regardless of any delay.

Am I buying today. YES. Did I buy yesterday, YES. Could it be $1.70 if they announce delays with the LAMP. YES. i'll buy again. Will the LAMP go ahead and IMO opinion on time. YES.

LYC is now trading near it's capital raising price which is not surprising. The exchange rate and some unfortunate and ill-timed tsunamis and Malaysian protests have hurt it. But I really don't see what else has changed other than more contracts, the Sojitz deal and an Australian Government doing everything it can to ensure australia becomes the alternative sup[plier of RE to the world outside of China.

This post is not meant to be disrespectful to those who have different views, but as a long long term supporter who has had his concerns in the past, i can't believe that the stock has come back to these levels and IMO I think those with some cash (not leverage) should forget the fear and take advantage of it.

Of course I'm also hoping on some positve news re Malaysia when the quarterly comes out today (most likely after the close). NC and co will be fighting hard to have some positive news re LAMP before they release the quarterly.

Good luck to all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.