WOW 0.36% $33.42 woolworths group limited

WOW likely to take a big hit, page-2

1. 4,737 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6081
    Whether or not WOW retests the $29.00/$29.20 level between now and the release of their report to the market expected on 28/08/15 , I have taken my profit on the swing trade.
    By my observations there is too much pressure on their grocery margins , there is too much uncertainty on their MASTERS direction going forward, and they are treading water awaiting change at the top. The MARKET does not like uncertainty. From what I have gleaned, even with some recent appointments to the board, a complete enema of same may be a further positive.
    I anticipate a down grade in earnings in their August release . This would be a first for WOW since listing in 1993.
    There are some dynamic changes transpiring in this sector which will result in a paradigm shift for WOW in the pecking order ALDI/WES/WOW.
    Metcash have sold their best performing asset, their " jewel in the crown" , the AUTOBARN franchise, to stay alive in the near term.
    Metcash/IGA franchise will not survive. The IGA current advertising campaign about matching prices by them walking into the opposition stores ?????? I have seen two IGA stores in my area{ 10k radius} close and have been replaced by ALDI on those sites. A sign of what is to come?
    It will be a leap frog opportunity for ALDI with no opposition from ACCC.
    COLES , at the moment, are in a perfect place, price makers and not price takers in relation to WOW.
    ALDI have made a BIG move in their recent TV ads to emphasise the origin and content of their offerings...more to follow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.42
Change
0.120(0.36%)
Mkt cap ! $40.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.41 $33.49 $33.32 $42.60M 1.274M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8318 $33.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.43 362 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.