WOW 1.50% $31.59 woolworths group limited

WOW not maximising pre-Christmas sales

1. 10,208 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1356
    My family has WOW shares and I have (among other holdings) TGR (Tassal Ltd) shares, the latter very well known for its large range of Australian-grown salmon from Tassie.

In the lead up to Christmas, WOW should be making every effort to maximise sales.

Overall, CEO Mr Banducci has done a far better job than the previous person at maximising availability of 'stock keeping units'. I don't see too many empty spaces (with the exception of earlier panic buying due to the virus, but no one could plan for that).

WOW has a catalogue print and online promotion for the second week (ending tomorrow, Tuesday 15 December 2020) for TGR's new Tropic Co Australian raw (uncooked) Tiger Prawns in a very big two kilogram box, reduced from the normal $50 down to $45. The prawns are farmed in Queensland and NSW under strict environmental standards, so they meet our Prime Minister's suggestion to 'buy Australian' rather than (in this case) imported prawns from Thailand and Vietnam that won't have the same degree of regulatory supervision.

The Tropic Co prawns ought be in the WOW freezer section but at some WOW supermarkets, they are out of public view in the staff-only freezers adjacent to the service deli. We have identified multiple instances of this on the HC TGR (Tassal Ltd) forum.

Like many companies, I'd imagine TGR pays a fair bit to have a catalogue special promoted. I've no objection to that.

Unfortunately though at the local level, such as at Malvern Central (Vic), WOW managers are letting the side down by not displaying these TGR Tropic Co prawns.

They take up a fair bit of freezer room in their illustrated box, but how are shoppers going to be tempted to impulse buy if they can't see the product?

The prawns are receiving rave reviews on the TGR forum. My household has yet to cook our purchase yet, but it's easily done.

Read teh TGR forum to see how some WOW managers (I stress not all - many do a great job) do not display a promoted item when it will be in demand (if onlyconsumers could see it):

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/tropic-co-prawns-in-wow-supermarkets.5797586/

I hope other Australian owned listed companies don't have the same hassles that may not be known to senior WOW management or buyers who liaise with companies like TGR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$31.59
Change
-0.480(1.50%)
Mkt cap ! $38.58B
Open High Low Value Volume
$31.68 $31.85 $31.44 $89.91M 2.837M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4857 $31.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$31.62 11706 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$31.69
  Change
-0.480 ( 1.16 %)
Open High Low Volume
$31.68 $31.85 $31.45 606576
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.