WOW 0.19% $30.72 woolworths group limited

I couldn't find the initial press release by Woolworths -...

1. 187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61

I couldn't find the initial press release by Woolworths - however most news outlets quote:

They (Woolworths) cited a “gradual decline” in demand for the merchandise over the years and “broader discussion” about the January 26 date and “what it means” to different parts of the community.

It is the latter half of the sentence that irritates most Australians. That is Woolworths does not support our National Day (on Jan. 26) even though most Australians are proud of their country.

Those who are offended by 'Jan 26' are both a minority of Australians and also a minority of indigenous Australians. (personally I would not mind if the date was changed to say 14 Oct. in commemoration of Australians deciding to be a united country rather than divided. However I doubt Woolworths would even support that. That is those who oppose Jan. 26 (including Woolworths) are whingers and have not even suggested an alternative date.

Bear in mind those supporting the Yes campaign said they were not seeking to change Australia Day. And as soon as they lose they do exactly what they said they wouldn't do.

In todays' wokeism the large corporations (and extremist political groups) are appealing to the minority, and turning their backs on the majority. These corporations deserve to fail. Woolworth's intentional undermining of the Australian democratic system was also evident in the referendum where Woolworths would preach the 'yes' campaign to both staff and clients. In case you are unaware, the Yes Campaign sought to divide the country by racial identity, I say racial identity rather than race as most self-identifying indigenous Australians are mainly non-indigenous. All states (even Victoria) rejected the idea of splitting the country by race as advocated by Woolworths.

That is Woolworths intentionally undermines our Country. The extension argument that they hate Australia is reasonable.

If Woolworths really liked Australia or Australians they would try and encourage national pride rather than sewing disunity. Hence it is fair and reasonable that any patriotic Australian seek to find shops that are more patriotic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$30.72
Change
-0.060(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $37.52B
Open High Low Value Volume
$30.72 $31.01 $30.68 $44.26M 1.428M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6 $30.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$30.75 541 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$30.77
  Change
-0.060 ( 0.03 %)
Open High Low Volume
$30.81 $31.01 $30.69 150611
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.