WOW 0.44% $31.73 woolworths group limited

Even if you think this should happen (and while I'm the first to...

1. 5,330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2071
    Even if you think this should happen (and while I'm the first to agree that the duopoly is bad for the consumer/Australia, I think your suggestion is a terrible way to go about it which would only be temporarily effective anyway and would be a lose-lose-lose-lose for the economy, consumer, grocery industry and legal system through the precedent, with no winners), we all know that this isn't actually going to happen.

It's quite interesting to see people like yourself come in and grumpily complain about Woolworths with a sell sentiment - I can only wonder what inspires you to bother. I can't say I like Woolworths (not that I like Coles either), but what's interesting is to see that you have a sell sentiment despite it being a great investment (purely from a financial perspective). The fact that most people equate 'I don't like x' with 'I believe x is a bad investment' is why the price crashed, but like it or not, economics will catch up and bring it back to fair value as soon as the anger stops.

I equate 'many people hate x right now because of a recent issue' with 'the price is going to temporarily crash making it a great investment'. I do feel somewhat uncomfortable buying into a company I'm not fond of, but less so than buying groceries from Coles and/or Woolworths, and for lack of choice I already do that anyway. Once the price crashed due to the recent stupid moves, it was obviously going to be a great time to buy at some stage - it's not like Woolworths is actually going to close half its stores because of the bad interview, and once the price bounced off the double bottom, it was a clear time to buy, one of those obvious times you can make a decent percentage profit in a short timeframe from a low risk blue chip.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$31.73
Change
0.140(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $38.72B
Open High Low Value Volume
$31.77 $31.89 $31.59 $11.48M 362.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 992 $31.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$31.74 3820 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.02am 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$31.71
  Change
0.140 ( 0.02 %)
Open High Low Volume
$31.77 $31.89 $31.59 58553
Last updated 11.21am 29/04/2024 ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.