WOW 0.57% $33.79 woolworths group limited

I have been involved with Woolworths in some capacity for over...

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    I have been involved with Woolworths in some capacity for over 15 years, I have never heard of it being pro-ALP during that time.

The SDA is one of the most socially conservative unions around today, and would arguably be more socially conservative than most of the LNP nowadays.

Coles and Woolworths use the SDA as a vanguard to suppress wages increases from workers. The EA/EBA's negotiated for Colesworth by the SDA allowed them to reduce weekend/night penalty rates for workers to below what the industry Award would have allowed. This has occurred for many years.

In return, Colesworth let the SDA have free reign in signing up new employees during the onboarding process. Which is why the SDA have maintained such high membership rates as wider Union membership overall has decreased to less than 10% of the workforce today.

As a Union for workers, the SDA is useless in advocating for the best interests of their members. For Colesworth, the SDA has been an extremely effective tool to manage cost, and eliminating the risk of any strike action ensure that operations remain stable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$33.79
Change
0.190(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $41.27B
Open High Low Value Volume
$33.60 $33.82 $33.45 $32.05M 951.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1518 $33.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$33.80 9055 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.