WOW 0.25% $31.54 woolworths group limited

Again, I'm not a fan of the situation and anyone with a third of...

1. 5,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2101
    Again, I'm not a fan of the situation and anyone with a third of a brain cell dislikes the ALP and knows it's corrupt as flup, and indeed, political donations are just very, very thinly-veiled bribes, but the reality is what it is, and once you have a rotten system you can't just snap your fingers and fix it like you're describing.

Just one completely obvious problem with forcing Woolworths to effectively downsize by 50% is that it would change the bad duopoly system into an utterly catastrophic monopoly, with half of the country's grocery in complete disarray and the other half being held by Coles which could then completely capitalise on the situation and gain absolute control of the entire system. It would be like nuking the house to put out the small fire on the kitchen stove.

And again, even if you would be silly enough to nuke the house to try to put on a small fire, it's not going to happen, because politicians do like their donor money, as corrupt and inept as they are they're not stupid or irresponsible enough to harm Woolworths but not Coles, and at absolute most (which definitely won't happen) they would start enforcing laws to stop things get any worth, not completely destroy the entire system by suddenly forcing an entire 50% reduction in Woolworths. It can't happen, it shouldn't happen and it won't happen.

I totally agree that the system stinks, but making things even worse is a stupid response. It's sad that they won't take action to make things better, but the reality is what it is - it would be extremely difficult even with honest, competent people in charge, and that's not what we have.

But, again, I like that there are people this irrational, or rather, I don't like it but it is what it is so I'll take advantage of it; it's what causes predictable market volatility such as the recent price crash and the recovery which has just started.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$31.54
Change
0.080(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $38.52B
Open High Low Value Volume
$31.50 $31.62 $31.41 $49.79M 1.579M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 635 $31.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$31.55 4163 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$31.51
  Change
0.080 ( 0.16 %)
Open High Low Volume
$31.52 $31.62 $31.42 542158
Last updated 15.59pm 28/05/2024 ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.