QAN 2.65% $6.98 qantas airways limited

Gday surfratAgreed even though 204 guys have the axe hanging...

1. 1,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Gday surfrat
    Agreed even though 204 guys have the axe hanging over their heads in engineering, safety and their professionalism always comes first.
    As it does with the pilots, cabin crew, and all QF staff. If it wasnt for the professionalism of the staff, the place would be in a shambles ! Imagine what could be done with a bit of staff engagement ?
    In Avalon 20 LAMES a day are being sacked, their IDs taken, and marched out the gate by security. Every day the rest of the workers wait to see if they are next, but somehow they still focus on the job at hand.
    I recall the airline was shutdown due to safety concerns over the 2011 industrial campaign. But at the moment frontline engineers are working under extreme stress due to the uncertainty of their careers, but thats ok?
    In all honesty I believe QF have got the redundancy numbers wrong in engineering. The OT is thru the roof trying to maintain the current fleet, and most staff have 80 days ++ leave, so why the need for VR and CR ? The union has requested existing leave be used up first before CR is applied, but the company wont have it !
    I hear QF may be pulling a few of the 744s out of the desert in Victorville. Not sure if they are for pax or freight ops, but converting to freighter would be expensive exercise. Thats still a rumour, but have heard from a few sources now.Rumour has it they got the numbers wrong , and retired too many airframes ! Nah that couldnt be right surely ?
    GLTA@QF !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.