EMR 1.98% $3.96 emerald resources nl

wow such lows, page-58

1. 2,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    BOB, I consider that the BE takeover did not have much impact on the SP. It was the bottom falling out of the global share markets that caused the SP to go to "wow such lows" as DB called this thread. I participated in all of the CR's , buying from the company rather than on the market. Even though one could always buy them cheaper in the next few days. Being a 'Company Man' I felt it was better to give my money to EMR. (except when buying up parcels on market) EMR never suffered from those share issues, as they became stronger and bigger as a result, vitally necessary to build the company. This is the bigger picture you talk about. "A bigger cake" "Building back better" to use the popular term.
    The SP may take short term knocks, but the advantages gained from acquisitions and CR's eventually pay off. In fact the SP is climbing once again.

Gold commentators mostly all say that gold will become the safe haven it always has been, as central banks seek to slow down economies by raising interest rates and thus bring on recession. This will surely happen in the USA, softening bond yields.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4569/4569832-68331cd7e2ea0283ec54da005e3e93ca.jpg

Klein predicts US$2-US$3,000/oz gold price for this time next year. (Speaking at the Diggers and Dealers)

Is a wave of merger and acquisition activity coming in the ASX gold space?

Barry Fitzgerald reckons so.

The gold sector is about to receive a big boost from a surging price, if Evolution (ASX:EVN) boss Jake Klein’s
    prediction of between US$2,000-US$3,000/oz by mid-2023 is correct.

“If Klein’s view is shared by others in the industry, standby for a wave of merger and acquisition activity where the bigger companies move on the developers and explorers with 1m-plus ounce gold resources with upside,” Fitzgerald says.

“The developers and developers are looking vulnerable to low-ball bids as they have to enjoy much of a recovery from their smashed levels from the March gold price fall, notwithstanding the gold price rally since.”

Gold price hits 1-month high, nears US$1,800/oz

A pretty good week for the gold price, which continues to rally as geopolitical tensions escalate and central bankers worldwide brace for recessions.

“Gold is rallying as Wall Street becomes fixated with a global economic slowdown that will get much worse by year end,” says Ed Moya, senior market analyst at OANDA.

The price was on the cusp of US$1,800/oz early Friday, NY time.

“Gold’s technical picture suggests it will continue grinding towards the $1900.00 region in the coming weeks,” says analyst Jenote for OANDA .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.96
Change
-0.080(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $2.598B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.89 $4.00 $3.85 $4.120M 1.043M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 27587 $3.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.97 5751 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.