XJO 0.79% 8,318.4 s&p/asx 200

wow. timber... whats happening, page-24

1. 9,803 Posts.
    re: wow. timber... whats happening...news fedex, the trouble with all trend settings is that they either lag on longer settings or whip you on shorter settings. Hopeless in choppy markets, great in trending markets. At times like there you're far better off simply relying on good support and resistance lines and selling at resistance, buying at support in that order if the market is bearish. Reverse the order if the market is bullish. Don't look to grab the whole trend unless the market is at the limits of a sensible average range - that is, go short at resistance if the market has rallied reasonably well - for the time period you're looking at, and sell off half at the next support level. Sell the other half at the next lower support level. Use your eye to tell you if your trade looks like its run its course before it hits that support, and of course, get out quick if you're not profitable almost straight away on entry. In any case, have reasonable stops always, using a combinmation of initial stop, trailing stop, and break even stop. If the market is real choppy, having a price target in mind as well, and keep it reasonable. All that being said, I get real pleased with myself when I pick precisely the right entry point and the market reverses at that point and heads in the direction of my trade. Oh, and don't be a hero. This is free advice and I fully expect it to ignored as advice usually is. lol cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.