PEK 0.00% 18.5¢ peak rare earths limited

wow, page-36

1. 12,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Great to read so many positive posts instead of the upsets about cap raises - which in this game is always a double edged sword if you aren't the market darling at the time.

So it looks like PEK will be able to produce a ton of concentrate worth about $25000 for little more than the opex of a simple open cut mine and heap leach operation. IMO, it doesn't get any better than that. When it comes to containers anything worth less than about $1000t doesn't tend to move too far - so we are well comfortable with the economics of making something available to ship.

I always thought we'd be pitching economics at the Moly level. But I'm confident now that Ngualla could possibly the lowest-cost source of REE in the non Chinese world. It is just a matter of attracting the industrial side of the equation to commit to product development. I'm guessing we've got at least $20m tons + of this leachable material, so the numbers should stack up for a third party no probs, IMO.

I might have to load up on this one again. I got a bit light on PEK in the 40's after the JORC free fall which only proved me wrong about how fast the manufacturers would move on PEK. If I thought they had a good case back then, they surely have an infinitely better one now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.