WDS 0.35% $28.94 woodside energy group ltd

Thanks Grasschoppa, that's very interesting. I learn a lot from...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    Thanks Grasschoppa, that's very interesting. I learn a lot from the articles posted on here.

Regarding the following point in the article, one of my clients in China is a senior executive and board member with a state-owned gas company employing 4,000 workers. I specifically asked her this exact question earlier in the year. "Is there any chance at all China will jump from oil/coal straight to renewables and avoid the gas-as-a-transition-fuel" step?". She replied that she'd been to conferences all over China and around the world. Absolutely not. That would totally contradict everything she had seen and heard for a decade regarding China's future energy plans. The same applies for the rest of South East Asia in her opinion.

Given our geographic proximity to China and Perth and being on the same time zone as China and much of South East Asia, we (Woodside) have a distinct advantage of cheap production, low transport cost, and low political risks. In short, we're ideally placed to profit from an increase in demand.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3495/3495342-6a63f6e836c68324cb28aa3f87df95fe.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.