WDS 0.35% $28.94 woodside energy group ltd

it’s not just wpl there are a number of commodity companies on...

1. 697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110

it’s not just wpl there are a number of commodity companies on the asx where the SP is struggling despite making good cash flow. There are a number of miners who if meet projected earnings such as RRl, NST and even WHC, NHC will have ev/ebita ratios of less than 5. Even FMG got an ev/ebita of as low as 3 in the recent sell of when it’s SP went down to around 12. It’s madness all you can do is accumulate and expect to make dividend plus one or 2 percent until there is a sentiment shift. Everything has to do with the US. The US market has significantly outperformed so all the money has migrated over there. What Iam watching will be time between new all time highs for the key indexes and FANG stocks. I don’t believe the fed will allow the market to go down more than 20 percent. Similar to here too many boomers like with our property market. Means letting it go down hurts more people than it helps. Also there are currency reasons to keep the market up. The US runs 100 billion dollar trade defecits every month. They need to encourage as much of that money to stay in the US dollar via the stock market. If their market goes down and that money is not reinvested or even worse withdrawn they are absolutely f*ed..Currency collapses inflation to the moon. Therefore they will not let their market go down significantly. So what I am looking for is less all time highs and for other indexes such as the Nikkei to start outperforming the nyse that means the flow of new money to US from foreign sources is stalling, meaning money might start moving back to the asx and WPL might catch a bid. Until that happens I am happy with the 6 to 10 percent dividend this company will be paying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.94
Change
0.100(0.35%)
Mkt cap ! $54.94B
Open High Low Value Volume
$29.20 $29.26 $28.86 $116.3M 4.011M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 16692 $28.93

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.94 2904 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.