BHP 1.07% $43.63 bhp group limited

Hello All,I was reading the news this morning on a possible tilt...

1. 257 Posts.
    Hello All,

I was reading the news this morning on a possible tilt at WPL by BHP. In my personal opinion BHP's current behaviour is not a good one. It looks like a kid in a choclate factory or me with money to trade shares/derivatives. What I mean is with a company's stature like BHP should act with some medium to long term objectives and just don't change the goal posts every week in week out and pls do not justify your actions. I believe everyone will agree that BHP is a great resources company. But just don't thro the money away with short sightedness which comes with a long term baggage. I don't think anyone will do this: Sell a company's share at $3 and buy them back at $45 after nearly 20 yrs. esp from a long term expert holder like Shell in this instance. Look at what BHP is trying to do this year: First it was the joint venture with RIO, which failed. Secondly it was Potash bid, which failed. Also someone pointed out 2 years ago in this forum, that BHP's merger with Billiton, was the worst decision of all, which has destroyed shareholders (who were shareholders at the time)value and still hasn't recovered. He/she pointed out with numbers and i haven't kept a record of that post/details. But what my personal experiece taught me is one should have strong financial management in the business you are in, particularly if you have big cash flows like BHP. Think why Shell is selling out? Think how this transaction will help/improve your business. There is point in building an escalator to nowhere. for e.g. ravensthrope nickel plant. They wrote 3 billion dollars off that project. If they cannot think I believe that as a shareholder all the shareholders should think whether the compan is making the right decisions or not.

Good luck to all holders.

Cheers
    PMT

PS: I have a dream of owning a part of BHP in future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$43.63
Change
0.460(1.07%)
Mkt cap ! $220.0B
Open High Low Value Volume
$43.64 $43.73 $43.26 $92.81M 2.131M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 3630 $43.62

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$43.64 1320 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.48pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.