FAR 2.00% 49.0¢ far limited

WPL indemnity and Govt position, page-7

1. 2,987 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2703
    Thanks Kfann. Good get.

As I have written, when I was PR/Corporate Affairs for a top 100 ASXer, there is no way on Earth we would have issued COP's most recent media release without a supportive Government statement. And as for WPL's (COP's?) spokesperson's "we've heard nothing from the Government so it must be okay" - are they serious?!

PC might as well have dropped his daks and mooned Macky Sall. It's about the same level of respect.

Look, I don't know if we'll win this or not, but developments over the past couple of weeks have been intriguing to say the least. COP's 'completion' of the transaction in the face of Government silence smacked of desperation. Malcy's hastily withdrawn Tweet - "big news from Senegal" - could hardly have referred to the routine completion of COP's sale transaction. So to what did he refer? And why delete the Tweet almost immediately? "Couldn't have been me; I was (elsewhere)"!!!! Hahahaha.

Finally, we've had Mr Sall's coincidental visit to Paris, topped off by the extraordinarily unsolicited commentary about Senegal's oilfield operatorship by the French ambassador to that nation.

In my view, more telling than all these developments is the continuing silence from Collins Street in the face of what must be excruciating pressure to say something (to quell the rabid HC hordes if nothing else). As I have said before, FAR's silence is golden. We're told FAR is in the hands of good advisers and the best advice I could give my corporate master in this situation would be to hand COP/WPL a rope and let them hang themselves. They seem to be doing a pretty good job of it.

OOO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $45.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 52.0¢ 48.5¢ $101.9K 200.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 48741 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 1786 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.