WDS 0.71% $28.45 woodside energy group ltd

wpl question for geffa and others, page-19

1. 5,382 Posts.
    re: wpl where to? mal - bhp G'day Mal
    Hows things?
    bhp like wpl is in a nice uptrend and well in to all time high territory. I don't know what has spurred the recent surge in price and volume, but it looks impressive.
    Looking at a 3 year chart (first one below), you can easily see the rising support line (use a piece of paper to line up the lows). Spotting the rising resistance is difficult, but there could (?) actually be a rising wedge in there (bearish). For a long(ish) term investor all looks honky dory but a decisive break of that rising support line would be a sell to me.
    see below

On this 10 year chart things get harder, definately not the easiest of chart place trendlines, but I think they are there.
    First of all the rising resistance is pretty easy and places resistance pretty much where the price is now.
    If you keep that angle and move down till your straight edge hits the lowest low and corresponds with $12 on the right side of the chart, that seems to pick up many of the lows, and its parrallel so I like it :-)
    So looking at the loooonger term trend we could have a fall to around and still be in an uptrend (loooong term)
    I do wonder what caused last weeks huge volume, perhaps the chinese want to buy BHP?
    cheers
    Rod

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$28.45
Change
0.200(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $53.98B
Open High Low Value Volume
$28.53 $28.57 $28.37 $31.12M 1.098M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 5881 $28.44

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$28.46 5233 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.04pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.