MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

wpl says has made best offer for gas for pluto, page-4

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi Jak -

I read the same into this article as you initially but on reflection it could also have been aimed at Apache and Hess. I think Don Voelte would have known MEO's decision before his trip to Canberra today. This is because in today's update Jurgen said that 'MEO had selected the preferred farminee and meetings have been scheduled'. The preferred farminee would have to know.

Two scenarios I can see is:

1 Don Voelte's 'ambivalence' may have been because of the deal he has done with MEO and partners. Apache and Hess can wait for Gorgon to be up and running or sell their gas to Woodside. He doesn't care because he has acces to drill in permits WA-359-P, WA-360-P and WA-361-P through the deal with MEO.

2 A less likely scenario is that Don Voelte may have missed out on the deal with MEO. ANZ's great post on the top 10 candidates included Apache, Hess and others. If any of these have clinched the deal with MEO then Don Voelte is saying he doesn't care.

Because of Voelte's upbeat tone in the article I am leaning towards Woodside. I would like to see the deal kept in Oz. With Woodside as an ally the Tassie Shoal project will be neater too .

Whatever the case all will be revealed soon - thank goodness. It's been great fun:)

The mood around the MEO forum has been bubbling over the last couple of months - imagine what it must have been like behind the closed doors of the negotiating rooms.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.