WR1 1.94% 76.0¢ winsome resources limited

Thanks Handles, great pick-up. It's an absolute killer slide...

1. 4,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2615
    Thanks Handles, great pick-up. It's an absolute killer slide deck that Carl Caumartin got to use, shame the full version of it was not released as an ASX announcement (there was a slide deck released as an ASX announcement on 29 May but that deck was missing a few face cards).

The old line about time being money sort of applies to the Renard option, though in this case it is both time and money.

In terms of money: the upfront outlay of C$50m to acquire the Renard operation against what? C$700m to $800m or maybe even C$1b (Carl dropped all three numbers during his talk). As CC said, sounds like a no-brainer. To be fair I'm guessing that Winsome will have to pay at some point for the mine closure requirements for the diamond mine and will need to rejig some of the plant and equipment but even so an order of magnitude saving if they can make it work for them.

In terms of time: knowing how long it typically takes to get a mine through the development phases and knowing how long other lithium companies have taken to get Quebec and Federal Canadian permitting I had pencilled in Adina going into production best case maybe 2031 onwards. However according to the slide below - which I can't see in the ASX announcement version - which shows up at about the 4:56.50 mark of the youtube clip, they are shooting to move into construction in 2028 and to start producing in 2029 or 2030. If they can hold to that timeline then, yes, I can understand Chris Evans saying to the pommy b in the interview just posted on hc that Winsome will be one of the few being the next wave of lithium producers. If taking up the Renard option brings forward commercial production by two or three years then that is a huge win for the company and us shareholders!

And clearly they are not mucking around: Carl said at one point the company currently has 40 employees and 60 contractors on the books. Can't wait to see what the twin preliminary economic assessment reports have to say in August / September.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6240/6240659-959061ae0221c459574c049feb317eeb.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
76.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.94%)
Mkt cap ! $163.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
78.0¢ 78.0¢ 73.5¢ $605.3K 798.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6771 76.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
78.5¢ 8697 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WR1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.