WR1 3.92% 53.0¢ winsome resources limited

"And fyi LTM are pausing dev of James Bay because they can't...

1. 4,394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2741
    "And fyi LTM are pausing dev of James Bay because they can't connect to grid power and have trucking restrictions which limit rate of production."

Did you just make that up? Seriously. Because neither of those issues have been given by Arcadium as justification for pausing the development of what is now called the Galaxy project (previously called the James Bay project). (Arcadium's 6 August conference call for Q2 CY24, page 16: LINK HERE)

"Arcadium Lithium has therefore made the decision topause investment at the Galaxy project in Canada. Thisremains a world class resource, with leading fundamentalsand a projected operating cost that will be amongst thelowest for spodumene assets in the industry. However, wedo not believe that the market needs us to bring thisvolume online on a merchant basis within the next twoyears, and as I just mentioned, the current economics of building carbonate or hydroxide conversion capacityoutside China, absent a very strong long-term customercommitment, are not compelling."

Arcadium's media release of its Q2 CY24 results, also 6 August 2024 (LINK HERE)

"... the market is clearly indicating that the industry does not need to add supply at the same pace as previously expected. We have therefore decided to defer investment in two of our four current expansion projects. ... Arcadium Lithium intends to pause current investment in its 40,000 metric ton (LCE) spodumene Galaxy project in Canada (formerly "James Bay") and is exploring the opportunity to bring in a partner that is interested in providing capital for the project in return for a long-term strategic investment. The pause in spending will be structured to minimize both cost and timing disruption when the project is ultimately resumed."

If you still somehow believe what you claimed, for your enlightenment I have included, below, a snippet of a photo of the Galaxy site (LINK HERE): notice the electrical transmission lines in the background. Also I might be mistaken but I reckon that is the Billy Diamond Highway that can be seen between the transmission lines and the spodumene outcropping. In any case the main north-south highway through the James Bay region is immediately adjacent to the Galaxy project site. In fact there is a highway truck-stop at the front gate of the project and the proprietors of that truck-stop made a formal complaint about the dust likely to be caused by haulage trucks when the project is up and running - I kid you not, a truck-stop complaining about trucks passing by - but the company is addressing that issue was by way of one of over 100 conditions placed on the project when it was approved. (The pedantry of the Quebec permitting system is something Winsome has yet to experience).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6425/6425192-41560c3a7ae7b8350c3684b335cea436.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.0¢
Change
0.020(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $114.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.5¢ 53.0¢ 50.0¢ $248.8K 482.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17560 52.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.0¢ 7263 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WR1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.