WR1 0.97% 51.0¢ winsome resources limited

WR1 General Discussion, page-32649

1. 1,362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2028
    Firstly, it's the BILLY Diamond Highway (named after a great Cree chief who died in 2010.) And of course there are load restrictions on the BDH, it's a public shared road and heavy usage requires consideration of multiple stakeholders.

LTM negotiated usage which effectively caps their production at 300ktpa SC.

PMET will need to use the BDH for part of its epic 850km trucking odyssey from Corvette to its rail hub and will be subject to the same forces.

I'm not sure why you think 2.2mtpa ore would be going down Route 167 from Adina to Renard. The company is planning a (private) mining access road and are interfacing with Cree, CMIF and other stakeholders to achieve this. WR1 don't need to wait for the extension of (public) Route 167 as PMET do (and they have stated it would be preferable to the aforementioned transport odyssey.)

This has been covered here before in detail by @Helios11, who tbh is a better person to comment on these matters as he's done much more research.

e.g. see this post:

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/wr1-general-discussion.6543412/page-31487?post_id=74785053

"James bay has great numbers but over the last few years as part of permitting with the Cree, Arcadium had to agree with transport terms south to Matagami train station. They are restricted to 20-24 rounds trips a day during "normal" periods, and "10-12" during moose, goose periods with block out times, ie 7-10am is a no no. The Billy Diamond highway, formally James Bay road is limited by laws in haulage, it's the heavy vehicle safety act. An A class truck is limited to 63t in Quebec, however during the thaw period, depending on tonnage its 8- 20% less. This is not opinion but fact. Certain bridges along the BDH are limited to 50t Max. So what does that mean for Arcadium? They are currently transporting the maximum amount of concentrate they are allowed along the BDH so it has dictated their plant size and AISC. In later years > 2035 for an area near the mine site, rail will allow greater transport amounts, so a reduction in all costs will occur.

From Matagami to the BDH, Tran Taiga intersection its 570klm. So what does that mean for any new mines along this road north of James Bay? To mine or produce you will need to comply with the same transport restrictions or less until rail is sorted. It will be 2040 by the time it reaches the TT intersection.

What does thay mean for Cancet or any mines along the TT and north of James Bay? Due to a combination of esg, ghg, enforceable 50t bridge limits, cree concerns, thaw tonnage regulations, I would consider 200klt as the Max concentrate that any company could legitimately transport. Its 570klm to the BDH / TT intersection and no fuel stations between, so that's another concern.

The TT is also restricted to the same heavy vehicles laws, but its owned by Hydro quebec, however its managed by 3 government agencies - its a gravel road that will need to be upgraded to handle more than 25t.

Renard has no issues for transport to [Chibmougamou], road is approved for 63t, no bridges, and no restrictions on frequency, no fuel issues.
    Last edited by dtab: Today, 12:28

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.97%)
Mkt cap ! $110.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 52.0¢ 50.5¢ $82.15K 160.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 72303 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 7884 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WR1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.