WR1 3.13% 49.5¢ winsome resources limited

WR1 General Discussion, page-7123

1. 4,361 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2678
    Apparently over 90% of known lithium resources in Canada are in Quebec, at least that was the claim I read a year or so ago, and I think all the lithium elephants discovered recently are in Quebec.

Ontario does have lithium and also has the advantage of being close to the legacy OEMs in Detroit, and I understand the sizeable Canadian vehicle manufacturing industry is based in Ontario so there is that. However there's a rail head at Matagami in the James Bay region of Quebec which connects to either the likely central lithium processing hub in Quebec to be developed at Bécancour on the St Lawrence River or down through the east coast of the US where a lot of OEMs have set up to avoid the heavily unionised Detroit area.

Nothing wrong with Ontario but whatever project you go for has to have lots of high quality cheaply extracted lithium. I agree proximity to customers is a factor but imo it is secondary to the lithium resource.

Also worth remembering that Winsome has dibs on a lithium project in Ontario just across the Quebec border.

https://investingnews.com.au/winsome-acquires-key-stake-and-offtake-deal-in-ontario-critical-minerals-project

Whether you spread your risk across a couple of lithium plays or go all in on one of them is of course entirely your call.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.