WR1 5.00% $1.24 winsome resources limited

WR1 General Discussion, page-18945

1. 3,004 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 856
    I do not know when GS purchased their shares, but given the current share price it is reasonable to assume that they are selling at a loss.

That is a lot of selling pressure over that period.

UBS is still doing UBS things IMO - I personally think they are still simply trading for pips (I assume this isn't market maker behaviour).

So GS has really stepped up its transactions on WR1 - roughly 40% of all sells over the period were GS-related.

I am not overly familiar with how price suppression works on a potential takeover/acquisition target. I think I observed something like this on ESS back before the first attempt to buy it, but I did not think the suppression needed to be for a long time nor was there strong buying pressure.

Given we are six months out from an MRE (I assume it won't be earlier), it must be worth GS's effort to suppress the price for such a period. I am doubtful they won't struggle as buying pressure heads towards a peak in a new months time as buyers anticipate the MRE release in a stock that has such a small float.

So might an offer come sooner than that? Before an MRE and PEA? The more holes put out by WR1 the greater the confidence the market will have in what we have, so perhaps there is a tipping point at which a potential buyer decides they have enough to go?

I wonder if that is a reason for some delays in some areas, and certainly the reason for the cagey language around when an MRE will be released.

I would not be happy with a $5 buyout as I think it leaves too much on the table - lets hope this is all played right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.24
Change
-0.065(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $235.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.29 $1.32 $1.24 $1.102M 872.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 9005 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 548 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
-0.065 ( 5.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.30 $1.32 $1.24 248989
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
WR1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.