NET 0.00% 0.3¢ netlinkz limited

VIN Will REVOLUTIONISE NETWORKING The combination of VIN network...

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59

VIN Will REVOLUTIONISE NETWORKING

The combination of VIN network products and VSP products are a “hand in glove “ fit for the coming next industrial revolution of the internet of things and the internet of everything. Net and their customers and partners will cause a ripple effect worldwide on cyber security, ease of connectivity and productivity/ affordability.

Because I have been so impressed by the innovative systems thinking , design and development of the VIN and VSP I asked a seasoned Network engineer with a reputation for innovation and achievement in his profession to comment on some of the recent technical allegations posted on Hot Copper.

This engineer and designer is familiar with NET’s underlying technology.

Please note I am an investor and in no way associated with the current Netlinkz, it’s management or partners.

Seasoned Network Engineer comment on the recent technical allegations directed at this post.

Encryption. Net no longer use 128bit AES for encryption although it is still supported. Documentation the critic has read is obviously old and no longer applicable.

I am aware in its design the engineers deliberately made the VIN easy to upgrade its encryption. Upgrades have since occurred , the last time I had a look which was some time ago Net had upgraded to 256bit AES. I'm sure any additional developments to encryption have also been included by now.

Yep, you can do SD-WAN management and deployment with other SD-WAN platforms - it's called "competition" and every vendor/product has it.

Yep, Viptela et al all have central cloud management and can deploy VPN.

Yep, VPN! Still using and relying on 25+ year old tech for virtual circuit connections. So it's point-to-point based which means it’s a different VPN for every point they want to include and then routing between them all.

Yes, this can be turned into a sort of mesh but you have to define a VPN end point for every part of that mesh.

Five VPN nodes means 25 VPNs. Do the math when you want 250 ... or thousands? Have fun......See you in a few months ... assuming your hardware allows you to have that many.

VIN is true mesh. Peer-to-Peer and deploying a node is significantly easier.

Install a piece of software (if not already included in a device) and feed it a URL. Approve it and you're done.

The end-user can do this and does not require a certified tech to deploy anything before you can even think about the VPN.

Yep, you can use a packet capture to determine nodes registering with the broker. You have to be in out front of the broker to do it.

Not all VIN deployments will use the cloud, some will host their own central platform so good luck with those as well. All it will tell you is the public end point of the NAT point behind which the Peer resides.

With the VIN you cannot touch the Peer because it resides behind the NAT firewall and has no open ports (yes, it can be 100% closed and VIN will still work and carry secured traffic).

Very little actual network traffic will go via the central host.

The VIN uses direct P2P traffic. Couple that with multiple Peers communicating over different direct circuits at the same time and your packet capture of the "interesting" traffic just became VERY difficult.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.