it certainly reeks of desperation. if for nothing else, at least...

1. 43,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    it certainly reeks of desperation. if for nothing else, at least for the publicity.

I can imagine some would leap at the chance to finally be accepted into a business of learning to kill. but I doubt many parents would support it either.
    Sonic imo he's done what every far rightie, including myself, think is a good idea.

we need an increased civil defence with the increased probability of stronger floods in coming decades. we've all had a grumble about kids bumming around; the increased violence in some areas; the perceived need for a rehabilitative paradigm to address such problem behaviours.

the kpi could look at personal development in the kids, quieter streets at night, kids learning skills and training in equipment to be able to save lives.

but not much point aiming so high...... they've likely be trained to obey orders unquestioningly and how to march in synchrony.
    I recall such debates and talking heads discussing these ideas during Howard's years. the work for the dole scheme came out of it. I saw some real work being well done by some of these teams. there were reports on the morale of some of those who worked on such jobs. certainly one young feller of my direct knowledge picked himself up after doing the program.

really though its a 14 yr old's idea. a last shot at power by the man in the rain.

oops. @reaper.
    Last edited by Scott th Ratbag: 26/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.