GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

Goarmyyou are kidding your self if you think GOT is going to...

1. 366 Posts.
    Goarmy
    you are kidding your self if you think GOT is going to walk away.your a dreamer

we will see how strong snowdon is?fight or flight which one will he take?

PS they don't need the ALC support to go forward only the NT gov, which they have.and once they start exploration we will see how loyal the alc is to there people.

and gemco well one would think they have got off scott free with there sea tenements,i don't think so.

statement from Resources Minister Martin Ferguson was release today.

THE plan to strip mine the seabed between Groote Eylandt and Arnhem Land appears to be hitting heavy weather, with federal member Warren Snowdon joining traditional owners in condemning the proposal.
    Mr Snowdon has told Perth-based Groote Resources Ltd to abandon its exploration plans, saying traditional owners already had one big mine on their island and that was enough.
    The mining company has hit back, telling Mr Snowdon to keep out of Territory Government business.
    Leave your comments here.
    The NT Government has met and acknowledged concerns of traditional owners but has made no comment on whether it favours the plan to explore and possibly mine across 1723sq km in the shallows of the Gulf of Carpentaria.
    The area is thought to be world-class for manganese although seabed strip mining is seen as destructive on marine environments and is difficult to rehabilitate.
    Traditional owners say mining would not only destroy the seabed but have unknowable impact on eight significant song lines relating to reincarnation beliefs that criss-cross the tenements.
    Groote traditional owner Nancy Lalara said the emergence of Mr Snowdon was crucial. "Snowdon's support is significant," she said. "It's important for us."
    A spokesperson for Resources Minister Martin Ferguson said the exploration licences were a matter for the Territory, not his department. But the company was angry that a federal minister had intervened.
    Mr Snowdon, who is Minister for Indigenous Health, appeared to take the matter into his federal portfolio by stating he was concerned the mine could impact on the health and well-being of elderly and ill islanders.
    Groote Resources CEO Simon Noon was not available yesterday but a spokesman said the company was "extremely disappointed" Mr Snowdon had sought no briefing from them, nor considered how his statement might affect the company's stakeholders.
    Groote Resources has yet to begin exploration, which would involve test drilling. The Northern Territory Government has told the company to submit a management plan for approval prior to exploration commencing.
    Groote Resources says it remains committed to exploration.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.