QHL 5.00% 19.0¢ quickstep holdings limited

I was at that airshow in Abbotsford and got a good look at the...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    I was at that airshow in Abbotsford and got a good look at the F-35. It's a pretty sweet looking bit of kit.

Boeing got a good shake down at the CANSEC trade show here in Canada this week as well by the Minister of Defence, saying that they were reviewing their Boeing procurement, that Boeing were not acting like a "trusted partner", and wanted Boeing to withdraw their challenge to the sale of C-Series aircraft. If it all goes tits up for this purchase then the F-35 will likely be back in pole position as Boeing will be a bit of a dirty word here.

Background - Canada was looking to buy an interim fleet of Super Hornets prior to running their competition for their fighter replacement, and it was going to be a sole source purchase. Last week (I think) Boeing announced they were challenging the sale of Bombardier C-Series aircraft to Delta saying they were dumped into the market because they were subsidized by the Government (Quebec govt gave Bombardier C$1bn). Now Canada is reviewing their Boeing purchases (namely the Super Hornets), basically saying lay off Bombardier or we're going to stop buying your stuff. There is a bigger play in the background of Canada v US with the Trump administration slapping tariffs on Canadian goods, so this is Canada starting to push back.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $14.23K 72.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 40000 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 12656 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.01pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QHL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.