WTF 0.00% $3.05 wotif.com holdings limited

I think the correct angle to be approaching this stock from is...

1. 1,929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 617
    I think the correct angle to be approaching this stock from is whether Australians are choosing domestic holidays over international now that we have a lower Australian dollar.

The most recent data from Tourism Research Australia www.tra.gov.au points to the number of Australians booking domestic holidays bottoming and now starting to increase. 1 in 10 nights spent in a hotel in Australia is booked through Wotif (from Wotif half year report), as such Wotif is set to be the main beneficiary of a higher number of Australians travelling domestically.

Also, a recent statement by their CEO mentioned that they had not seen a material increase in Australians booking domestic hotels off the back of the lower AUD. While this is a factual statement (and it was issue a little while ago), my belief is that there will always be a lag before data pickup. The lag equates to the fact that most people book their holidays several months in advance. I personally tend to book my international holidays ~6 months ahead so I think we will only start seeing the benefit of a lower AUD on domestic hotel nights from January this year. Their second half should be an interesting one.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WTF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.