IMU 5.77% 5.5¢ imugene limited

wtf happened today, page-33

1. 74 Posts.
    There are some interesting thoughts on the reasons why IMU are "listing in the wind" so to speak. Perhaps I'll add to it here:
    CSL compared to IMU is a company of good reputation,has good products that are highly in demand (worldwide). It has larger resources within the company infrastructure to prepare & produce vaccines for 'human needs' as opposed to animal needs. In the event of a worldwide pandemic, and the WHO is in phase 3 of preparedness for one with this current bird influenza, then governments and the people would like to make certain there are vaccines to protect us. Who cares that much for birds after all. There is no real threat to western civilisations poultry stocks. It is mainly affecting the Asia bird population and mostly where there are "backyard" operations. The WHO has directed those coutries affected to cull the birds and burn them. Had IMU's vaccine preparation been available 6 months ago for use perhaps is would be a different story. Countries would buy the product and administer mass feeding to their poultry stocks. But until there is 'absolute certainty' of the products efficacy,who's going to know and trust the product, it is better to cull the birds and start from scratch. The countries affected either go without poultry for a while and chew on fish instread or buy poultry from those countries unaffected to date.
    So the real question is how important is IMU's adenoviral vaccine. I think it is very relevant and important, (especially if I were a bird...:-)), however in the current world socioeconomic climate it is not that important here in Australia, because we still have chicken on the tables and people wake up to bacon and eggs.
    If the situation arose whereby Australian bird stocks were being culled perhaps it would be a different story for IMU shares. And there would be more support from animal pharmaceutical companies, CSL, the government.
    In the current climate it is better to prepare vaccines for humans should the virus get out of control and there is a worldwide pandemic. We can eat other meats after all.
    Is that the psychology behind this current CSL vs IMU share trading. Perhaps there are some truths in there.
    I do have shares in IMU as I think there is much relevance to their work, but a share price will increase where there is an increase in the companies 'value'.
    One should ask whether there has been an increase in IMU's 'value', perhaps to their 'intellectual property', but not until there is a marketable vaccine on the table, with knowledge that it works by both the adenoviral vector delivery system, and is known to have an 'acceptable industry standard' of effectiveness in producing immunity.
    What we don't want is to give birds this preparation and have a silent virus sitting in a population of birds awaiting human consuption. That would be a disaster.

I don't whish to sound pessimistic about IMU shares, but there are a few reasons perhaps why they are not 'taking off'.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.003(5.77%)
Mkt cap ! $404.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.7¢ 5.2¢ $802.5K 14.79M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 348447 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 1214875 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.