URA 5.56% 1.7¢ uran limited

wtf, page-24

1. 172 Posts.
    Historically yes SP3 but changes are afoot. Westinghouse has been involved the production / plant building side of nuclear power, but since aquisition by Toshiba there are indications of a shift to aquiring mining interests - which may or may not be germaine to Shastas or corrans post -

" Toshiba is set to buy mining rights in Kazakhstan in an effort to secure a stable supply of uranium that will bolster its nuclear power business.

The Japanese electronics and energy conglomerate will buy 22.5 per cent of rights in the Kharassan mine, which gives it access to a maximum of 600 tonnes of uranium a year. Analysts said a deal could be worth tens of billions of yen.

Competition to design and build the world’s new nuclear power stations is being fought by three alliances between Japanese and western companies: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries/Areva; Toshiba/Westinghouse; and General Electric, which is partnered by Hitachi.

The ability to provide a stable supply of uranium fuel – along with building reactors – is an increasingly important factor in winning contracts to build nuclear power stations.

The Kharassan mine, located in southern Kazakhstan, is being developed by state-run Kazatomprom and Japanese companies including Marubeni, Tokyo Electric Power, Chubu Electric Power and Tohoku Electric Power.

There will be a test excavation of uranium ore within the year, with output expected to reach 5,000 metric tonnes of uranium a year by 2014.

Marubeni has a 55 per cent stake in the holding company that has partial ownership of the mining project. Toshiba bought its stake from Marubeni.

This month, Toshiba agreed to sell a 10 per cent stake in Westinghouse Electric to Kazatomprom in a deal worth $540m.

Toshiba acquired the US nuclear power company, Westinghouse, last year for $5.4bn – a price tag that was questioned by some analysts."

http://www.greatwesternmining.com/index.php?view=article&catid=35%3Acommodities-latest-news&id=56%3Atoshiba-to-buy-kazakh-uranium-mining-rights&option=com_content

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.