URA 5.56% 1.7¢ uran limited

corran,I believe the link with Ukratomprom is an errorI believe...

1. 3,966 Posts.
    corran,

I believe the link with Ukratomprom is an error

I believe they meant to write Energoatom

Ukraine to sign nuclear deals with U.S.
    www.chinaview.cn 2008-03-27 04:45:00 Print

KIEV, March 26 (Xinhua) -- The Ukrainian national nuclear power company Energoatom will sign a contract with the U.S. Westinghouse Electric Company on purchase nuclear fuel on March 30, Ukrainian Fuel and Energy Minister Yuriy Prodan said Wednesday.

Prodan said that the contract would be signed with the Westinghouse Electric Company on purchase nuclear fuel from 2010, and with the Holtec International for deliveries of equipment for nuclear fuel production.

The deal with Holtec comes despite concerns in Washington over Ukraine's bid to develop nuclear fuel production technology, which could potentially be diverted to weapons programs. Although there is little likelihood of Ukraine seeking nuclear weapons, the U.S. and other countries are wary of allowing states to set an awkward precedent by launching uranium enrichment.

Ukraine, which generates almost half its electricity from four nuclear plants with a total of 15 reactors, buys almost all its nuclear fuel from Russia's company.

The strong level of energy dependence on Russia, which also has a heavy control over Ukraine's natural gas supply, prompted Ukrainian President Viktor Yushchenko to announce plans in January2006 to create nuclear fuel production facilities.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-03/27/content_7865444.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.