SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

WTG Defence, page-248

1. 12,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    I have the same mindset as you - however I have come to realise that often the threads on any given stock are filled with the exact same situation-
    The one that is the most funny is that those non holders are the enemy- that is one that really tickles me as being so lacking in insight and maturity on so many levels -

And in the real world things are equally as bad- I do in a way feel that politicians are somewhat responsible- there is not respect or restraint in today's society- no real code of ethics - I have come to the conclusion the only way, is to keep presenting the facts and reasoning and not engage with someone who just says your wrong and attempts to bait and defame you - or indeed dishonesty cherry picking certain facts -
    Dishonesty and the lack of ability to discuss the facts - it happens in all areas of society- One can really only lead with example- hard to fight when you don't engage- not easy to stop engaging

I think that no one really has believed how far this would go and the extent of the bungling- I admit to watching with my jaw on the floor -in the last year or so when I re- joined the thread-

I just looked at my history I traded it in dec/jan 2016 about 5 trades between .60-$1.00 I remember back then on the thread how intense and how much people had lost - there was no real feeling then that it would end up here at 069....!!! I thought back then that the brand was strong and things would turn- so don't be too hard on yourself- I did not buy or sell one single share since -- eventhough it offered some good trades they were impossibly risky and unpredictable - not a lot of room for error when a company can just go under- that was a real fear here.
    When the banks bailed - which was shocking - however at the time Grant was posting a lot of fascinating forensic accounting - as were Steve and Nick millar - HK and your good self that impressed me with facts and obvious various industry experience- those are the ones off the top of my head - there were more-
    At that time the resident rampers were saying that the banks - would have to help due to community pressure - they just couldn't wouldn't let the company go broke... now that is delusional-

As soon as the worst happened- immediately rushing to then prove how the hedge funds would somehow do a great deal for share holders - on and on and on it has gone -
    I sincerely feel sorry for those that thought like a lot of us that things would be ok- this last year I did not think so based on Grants numbers amongst other things-
    Now our recent scuffles over how the lawsuits will go- and the billion dollar ramp- In spite of it being very comprehensively covered by those that know better how law suits go-

Well at this point my eyes are glazing over and really the bottom line here is do you salvage a few cents or risk the lot and time spent- without doubt is years -impossible -

I know there are a lot of decent sensible posters that are in this situation- it is very hard - I am almost starting to form a theory as to why the SP has stayed level for so long - @Fishinnick would be interested - as it has baffled both of us -

It goes like this a lot of wealthy people have been trapped at a lot higher prices - so I think that a big average down at the bottom and then - the recent ramp up with all the positive wins with the refugee case against the Government was a last huge volume event to enable the last of those with deep pockets/in the know types to exit - for what is about to happen now- time will tell-
    It will be very interesting ---
    As for this whole mess - what I did see was a lot of people learned to trade their way out of the mess- used your brains and various methods to recover - nothing like a bit of adversity to force people to be resourceful and rise from the ashes -
    It is what I have done- and looking back on the misery - in a way I am grateful - as I would not have been so driven and focused to learn and not fail- every month that goes by - I look over how much more I understand - the markets kept me sane gave me something to distract myself from my real life drama - but most of all the satisfaction of being challenged mentally-
    After all these FA debates I lean more and more to charts in fact I only use FA now for a general overview check- balance, history- and really only otherwise out of interest

I have met some great people online - it is fun when you can interact with like minded types - you often don't have that luxury in real life-
    I think I do need to talk to people that have gone through this process of divorce the extreme cases like yours that make you realise that there is an end - but the insight of how it unfolds and where the turning points are would be greatly helpful- would like your email
    and thanks for all the kind words from you all- we will all be ok in the end -

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.