SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

WTG Defence, page-290

1. 4,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    Grumpy, a touch philosophical with your post.

Taking your point about names, what does it matter? When I read posts referring to the name attached to a poster it raises my curiosity. Surely the point of an avatar is to protect privacy and focus attention on what is posted. If that is a fair conclusion then why the hullabaloo about multiple names?

It would seem to me a name attached to a poster is simply a reference handle for that single post. Something that can be used by the ongoing conversation to reference that earlier single post. It shouldn't matter if a poster's name changed every day - a name is synonymous to the referencing structure in a legal document to simply identify a clause, no more. Your honour I refer to section 1 (a) is no different to I refer to post #31567!

The attention placed on a name seems contradictory to the often said DYOR and do not make decisions based on what anonymous people write. Bearing in mind authors of posts are anonymous - as they should be - then it matters not a jot what that fancy avatar is. The content of the posts is what matters. Agree or disagree on content without attaching personal feeling about someone unknown.

Far to much attention on attacking anonymous people, stick to having a view in the content. When step back and read posts attacking other posters it is laughable, rather cringe worthy. One might say I've just done that to Grumpy, I suppose I have really; however to get that point across it was necessary. Pretty harmless too!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.