WWI 3.70% 1.4¢ west wits mining limited

WWI chart, page-260

1. 966 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 311
    A brief summary and update for newbies

West Wits Mining begins infill drilling at 4.3-million-ounce WBP Gold Project

As a part of ongoing drilling, the company plans to drill 23 holes for 2,500 metres aimed at improving the confidence levels of areas targeted for early mining.

West Wits Mining Limited - West Wits Mining begins infill drilling at 4.3-million-ounce WBP Gold Project
    Drilling team at the first of a 23-hole diamond core drilling campaign

West Wits Mining Limited (ASX:WWI) has kicked off diamond core infill drilling at Witwatersrand Basin Project (WBP) in the Central Rand Goldfields district of South Africa, which hosts an inferred mineral resource estimate of 4.37 million ounces at 3.88 g/t gold.

The campaign, which includes 23-holes for 2,500 metres and targeting K9 & K9B reef bands, is aimed at converting the K9 reef’s portion of inferred mineral resource in the initial five-year mine plan to measured and indicated categories.

Following the recent upgrade of the WBP’s mineral resource estimate in October 2020, some areas that fall within the first five years of mining remain in the inferred resource category.

“Pleased to kick-off drilling”

West Wits managing director Jac van Heerden said: “I’m pleased to announce the kick-off of our infill drilling campaign at the WBP.

“The campaign is a critical step in the next stage of WWI’s development strategy and aims to convert areas of inferred mineral resources at the Kimberley East Project area which is the subject of the current bankable feasibility study.”

Drilling campaign

The main objective of the infill drilling is to upgrade the resources to higher confidence indicated and measured categories.

Drilling will focus exclusively on intersecting the K9A and K9B horizons, which form part of the Qala Shallows area and are scheduled for early production at the WBP.

The 23 holes will focus on the upper 300 metres of the future mine and, if successful, will allow WWI to declare reserves on completion of the bankable feasibility study.

New appointment

The company has also enhanced its executive team with the appointment of Johannes Sefika as general manager – mining.

Sefika, who holds a B. Tech (Mining Engineering) from the University of Johannesburg, has extensive management and operational experience with Africa’s largest miners, including Sibanye Stillwater, Harmony Gold and Anglo American.

He began his mining career in 1986 and has more than 14 years’ experience in senior mine management for Tier-1 mining companies in South Africa.

Establishing strong team

The appointment is in line with the company’s development strategy to establish a strong team on the ground in South Africa to advance the WBP effectively into production upon granting of the mining right application which the company expects soon.

Van Heerden said: “In a significant step for West Wits, I am pleased to announce the appointment of our GM for mining, Joe Sefika, who bolsters our team in South Africa.

“Joe has extensive experience in underground mining and will play a key role in establishing West Wits’ mining operation at the WBP.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WWI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $35.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $73.78K 5.270M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 6920916 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 38341 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WWI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.