re: banjar.....www.nocagedeggs.com leo, if you had an inkling of...

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    re: banjar.....www.nocagedeggs.com leo, if you had an inkling of understanding regarding farming animals, you would know just how true that statement is. Animals do kill one another, either fullfilling their place on the food chain or by simply fighting, even sheep can die of broken necks as a result of a fight, it is the most basic of instincts, the survival of the fittest that they are responding to, and farmers have to try and manage their animals to avoid nature taking its course as much as possible.
    I'm having to assume that you are a vegan given your abhorrence of any ill treatment towards animals used to produce food. I mean, you obviously are aware of how animals are transported, herded and then slaughtered in an abbatoir. If you are appalled at how battery hens are treated, then I imagine you are even more so appalled at what happens to that dear little lamb enroute to someones dinner plate.
    Or how about that day old lamb whose skin is used to make a nice pair of slink skin gloves, what pain was it subjected to before being left alone to die , it doesn't bear thinking about does it.

There are only 3 positions that a person can take on this issue.
    The first is to accept the realities involved with the farming of animals, and as long as the normal practices of farming the animals is in line with industry and animal welfare organisations standards and animal welfare laws. If they aren't then the operators should be held accountable.
    The second is not to know what goes on, and even if you suspect something that may horrify you, pretend not to know.
    The third is to take a moral stand on the issue and become a vegan.
    I make no apologies for holding the first position, what is your position?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.