I have played the game long enough to have tried trading the hot...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    I have played the game long enough to have tried trading the hot sectors, and realised I wasn't as good at it as I hoped.
    And after a few years of trying to do it, I didn't really like spending too many hours behind a screen either.
    So as you know, I take more large swing positions with most of the accounts I control.
    But I do have two small accounts that I use to 'let my hair down' a bit, when nessesary.
    One is my CFD account which I use for scalping Indicies and Currencies when I see something I can't ignore.
    And also a Comsec account with a few grand in it, that I use when I feel the need to trade on a whim........
    And if/when I make any meaningful profits with these accounts, I sweep the profit over to the large accounts, and just leave the small amount in it again.

So I guess I have just come to understand what works for me, and what suits my character in the markets.
    It is no good for me to be trying to trade like someone else, because experience has taught me that I will not do as well (over time).
    So as boring as it is, I just do what I know works best for me (and if I can't stand it, or I see something really obvious, I use the small accounts to cure my emotions in the short term)

Which 'hot stock' has caught your eye ??

I have also learned that most times your entry price is the most important part of the trade, and by the time a stock is 'hot' a large part of the gains are (usually) already made, which only leaves a little left for latecomers. The best and most profitable small and micro caps trades usually come when you start buying a stock when no one really wants them, and then sell into the demand when they become 'hot' ........ it is just identifying them early which is difficult (a few posters on the the Brains Trust and STT threads can be helpful for doing this)

cheers
    Last edited by Jako8557: 11/10/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.