In a nutshell, I work in the larger timeframes, Daily and Weekly...

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682

In a nutshell, I work in the larger timeframes, Daily and Weekly for the most part, and swing trade stocks over weeks and months.
    I mostly look for larger small caps, and smaller mid caps to trade.
    I keep a rough watchlist of prospective stocks, some that I find myself, others are ideas from Hot Copper posters I like (both F/A and T/A analysts), and wait for an entry that suits (while entries are always important, they are not as important in larger timeframes as for shorter term trading - a daily or weekly timeframe is kind of like slow motion, when compared to a 5 minute or 1 hour chart).
    So while it might be a bit boring at times, this kind of trading suits my personality and lifestyle better.
    Some other notes-
    I prefer to look for stocks with strength (decent buying) in the background of the chart, and a reasonable base (accumulation zone) in place.
    I try to find stocks soon after they have broken out, and have begun to trend higher (although I am happy to jump on a mid trend pull back when it suits).
    I like it when the stock & sector/commodity are both positive together, and all the better if the parent index is also positive (or at least neutral - sideways).
    I generally hold until some sort of decent reason to sell crops up - a serious selling event being the most obvious, although a change in trend or an issue with the sector or parent index may cause me to sell a proportion of the position initially (~50%).

If I get really bored with it all, and something I really like turns up for a short term trade (or scalp), I do have a small account which I use for fun trading.

What I do works for me, and will not suit everyone.
    I think most people need to work out where they best fit into the markets, and that is where they should play.
    It took me a few years to find out where I best fit, so it is not a fast process. I tried some different area's and timeframes to see how it went......

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.