Thanks Juanita I enjoyed going through that. I haven't got all...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 491
    Thanks Juanita I enjoyed going through that. I haven't got all the Wyckoff related acronyms locked in my head, so had to pull out a reference I copied from somewhere while I read through it LOL. Here it is for anyone else that might find it useful. smile.png I've added and updated as I've come across new terms or variants so if anyone has suggestions for more that should make the list or something needs a better or corrected definition, let me know!

Wyckoff Acronyms and Definitions

AR or ARa

Automatic Rally- selling pressure has been pretty much exhausted, an automatic rally often follows a selling climax. A wave of buying can now easily push up prices which can be further fuelled by short covering. The high of this rally will help define the top of the trading range.

ARe

Automatic Reaction- with buying pretty much exhausted and heavy supply continuing, an automatic reaction often follows a buying climax. The low of this selloff will help define the bottom of a trading range.

BC or BCLX

Buying Climax- is the point at which widening spread and the force of buying climaxes. Heavy or urgent buying orders, generally placed by the public, are being filled by larger professional interests at prices near a top.

BU or BUEC

Back Up- a pull back to support (that was previously resistance) on diminished spread and volume after a sign of strength. (Back Up to Edge of the Creek) This is often good place to initiate long positions or to add to profitable ones.

COT

Close of Trade

Creek

The “CREEK” is an analogy to a wavy line of resistance drawn loosely across rally peaks of a trading range. Sometimes the Creek is simplified to a horizontal line crossing the trading range highs.

ICE

The "ICE" is an analogy to a wavy line of support drawn loosely across reactions lows of a trading range. Sometimes the Ice is simplified to a horizontal line crossing the trading range lows.

JAC

Jump Across the Creek- jumping over resistance and is a good sign if done on good spread and volume, a potential Sign of Strength.

LPS

Last Point of Support- a pull back to support (that was previously resistance) on diminished spread and volume after a sign of strength. This is often good place to initiate long positions or add to profitable ones.

LPSY

Last Point of Supply- a feeble attempt to rally, often with a narrow spread, after breaking through significant support. This is often a good place to initiate short positions or add to profitable ones.

PS

Preliminary Support- is where substantial buying begins after a prolonged down move. Volume and spread widen and provide a signal that the down move may be approaching its end.

PSY

Preliminary Supply- is where substantial selling begins to provide pronounced resistance after an up move. Volume and spread widen and provide a signal that the up move may be approaching its end.

SC or SCLX

Selling Climax- the point at which widening spread and selling pressure usually climaxes. Heavy or panicky selling by the public is being absorbed by larger professional interests at prices near a bottom.

Shakeout

A definitive test of available supply. Often seen as a 'violent' test of supply.

SOT

Shortening of the Thrust- in either uptrends or downtrends is seen when the amount of ground made or lost from new high to high or new low to low is decreasing. SOT can infer that a minor or major trend is becoming tired or may be coming to an end.

SOS

Sign of Strength

SOW

Sign of Weakness

Spring or SPR

An initial break through previous support, which is rejected, and price regains its position within support again.

SSR or SSRd & SSRa

Stepping Stone Redistribution (or Stepping Stone Re-accumulation)

ST

Secondary Test- a revisit of the area of a Selling Climax or Buying Climax, to test the supply demand balance at these price levels.

Test

A revisit of a level where supply has previously been seen.

TR

Trading Range

UTAD

Upthrust After Distribution- a more definitive test for any new demand, which usually occurs in the latter stages of the TR.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.